Posted on September 9th, 2022
199 Hampton Rd, Quispamsis, NB E2E 4L9
Great Canadian Dollar Store in Quispamsis, NB, is looking for a Warehouse Associate / Driver. Our Warehouse Associates / Drivers play a key role in making sure product gets to our stores in a timely manner so we can provide customers with the products they’ve come to rely on. The position is a mix of working in the warehouse unloading container shipments and preparing orders to be sent to our stores within the Atlantic Provinces, as well as day trips driving our trucks to stores within NB to deliver product. There may be rare overnight travel to PEI and NS. This is a full-time opportunity with medical, dental, and other group benefits. This is a salaried, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm position.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Unload container shipments, accurately sort products to fulfill store orders, store product in proper locations.
- Wrap, label, and prepare accurate orders for each store.
- Verify paperwork against actual product being received. Inspect shipments to verify contents, report any discrepancies to the Warehouse Manager.
- Keep the working environment safe, clean, and free from clutter.
- Keep inventory organized and in assigned places.
- Inspect inventory for any damage; document and report to Warehouse Manager.
- Contribute to all aspects of ensuring the warehouse runs efficiently.
- Minimum Class 5 Driver’s License and able to drive a standard transmission. Experience driving up to a 5 ton truck an asset.
- Clean driver’s abstract and able to complete all required paperwork, e.g. logbooks.
- Experience operating a forklift and pallet jack an asset.
- Customer service focus with an ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Willing to learn new skills and accept feedback.
- Able to bend, lift up to 50lbs, climb, and kneel.
- Follow all safety rules including proper lifting methods.
- Computer literate and a strong attention to detail.
- Previous warehouse experience an asset.
Sound like an opportunity you’d like to explore? If interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please email your current resume with cover letter to email@example.com.